Welcome to BackroadTraveler.net. If you find yourself dreaming of motorcycle travel, this is the place for you! At BackroadTraveler.net, you will find reviews of destinations, places to eat, places to stay, reviews of products I have personally used, and more!
While I don’t publish updates to this site with any sort of regularity I am striving to grow this site into a useful resource for those who love motorcycle travel. If you want to be notified when something new is posted, I recommend you subscribe to the site or the RSS feed so you are notified when there are updates.
Keep the shiny side up!
Latest posts at BackroadTraveler.net…
- 6 August 2014: Roadtrippers.com can help make your next road trip memorable For about a year now, I have followed the Roadtrippers.com web site. I also receive regular email from Roadtrippers.com (a feature you can select when you create a free account) and it’s always fun to learn o... read more
- 5 July 2014: BeadRider® seat covers. Yeah, they DO make a difference! Who would have ever imagined that something like hard beads could be one of the most comfortable solutions to posterior discomfort when traveling on a motorcycle? Certainly not me! Let me start by saying my motorcycle a... read more
- 29 June 2014: Eklipes EK1-110 Chrome Cobra Ultimate Motorcycle USB Charging System I was looking for a power distribution unit that would allow me to use my iPhone GPS or a regular GPS when traveling. There aren’t many offerings out there but the Eklipes EK1-110 looked like an attractive solutio... read more
- 27 June 2014: A Little Slice of “Mayberry” I grew up watching the Andy Griffith show and reflect, with fondness, on the simpler innocence of the era. Of course, when it became possible to consider lodging in Andy’s real-life hometown of Mt. Airy, NC, nosta... read more
- 27 June 2014: Keeping an Online Travel Record Prior to taking my first long motorcycle trip, I began researching ways that I could keep loved ones informed of my location. I determined that the best route was to enroll in a free travel blog that would allow me to ... read more
May the sun rise in front of me, the rain fall behind me, and the wind follow me.
May the Angels guard my travels for they know what is ahead of me.
Keep me safe through rolling hills and swirling turns.
Let the eagle guide me to the mountain tops.
Let the moon’s light guide me through the night.
Lord, thank you for letting me be a biker.